In The Name of God the Compassionate the Merciful
ISFAHAN MATHEMATICS HOUSE (IMH)
Isfahan Mathematics House (IMH) is established to promote all aspects of mathematics for young people and to prepare them for the fulfillment of cultural and educational goals of our country. The project of its creation was approved by the High Commission of the World Mathematical Year (HCWMY). According to the agreement between the chairmen of the HCWMY and Isfahan Municipality, Isfahan Mathematics House (IMH), is established as a scientific, nongovernmental, nonprofit-making organization under the supervision of the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology with the goals described here below.
ARTICLE 1- Objectives:
IMH is established to popularize mathematical knowledge and its applications among people, create an adequate forum for non-classic education, study the history of the Islamic-Iranian scientific heritage, introduce the youth with different mathematical sciences, through observation and cooperation by using different information resources. Other goals of the IMH are studying history of mathematics, development of the information resources and fostering group research activities.
The IMH performs activities on different domains such as scientific, educational, research as well as publications. In addition, the essential performance of the IMH is its concern on non-classic education. Innovations, constructive and fresh thoughts and programs are well acknowledged by the IMH. Devising novel programs such as e-education with the assistance of teachers' societies and universities are a part of future plans.
IMH is a nonprofit-making institution performing on scientific, educational and research areas as well as publications. It is incorporated and a legal body, its director is considered as its official representative.
The central location of the IMH is Isfahan, Sa'adat Aabad (Aazadgan) Ave. Opposite to Banoo Amins' Tomb. Local branches of the IMH throughout Isfahan Province may form and start operating, after being approved by IMH Executive and Scientific Committee (ESC) and completion of the official processes.
IMH is a non-political institution; its members are not acting as affiliated of any political party with the name of the IMH.
Since its approval, IMH is created for unlimited time and its members are subject to follow regulations of the country.
To achieve its goals, as mentioned in article 1, IMH is taking the following measures:
7-1 Creating scientific, research and educational interactions at national and international levels and exchange of viewpoints between teachers, researchers and experts who are involved in the history of mathematics and mathematical sciences and their applications in some way.
7-2 Encouraging teachers, high school and university students to engage them in research and educational tasks related to mathematics.
7-3 Making efforts to promote the scientific levels of school and university students. Acquiring and transferring educational skills through educational workshops at different educational levels.
7-4 Educational planning: Implementing new methods of education, to make it applicable as a tool or a way of thinking to guide students towards the educational goals.
7-5 Conveying scientific experiences, professional development of teachers and creating scientific cooperation platforms.
7-6 Reviewing the school curriculum and presenting proposals for its improvement on qualitative as well as quantitative aspects.
7-7 Creating an interaction bridge between educational centers and teachers of different educational levels to resolve educational problems in mathematics courses as well as connection with other mathematics houses and scientific societies.
7-8 Cooperative activities with Ministry of Education, Ministry of Science, Research and Technology, Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance, Tourism and Cultural Heritage Organization, authentic libraries throughout the country, as well as cultural affairs of municipalities and foundations which are involved with mathematics, its history of and education.
7-9 Planning for organizing scientific camps and conferences in order to promote attitude and awareness among the students and teachers.
7-10 Publishing books and scientific journals on mathematics, history of mathematics and astronomy.
7-11 Developing information technology through education, producing materials, e-education and production of scientific educational CD's.
7-12 Establishing professional libraries and creating interactions with other libraries and information centers.
7-13 Other activities which cover the IMH objectives, if approved by Executive and Scientific Committee (ESC).
IMH offers different types of membership as described here below:
1- Students Membership.
2- University Students Membership
3- Voluntary Membership
4- Institutional Membership
5- Honorary Membership
8-1 Student membership: Elementary, intermediate and high school students throughout Isfahan province who are interested in research activities in mathematics are qualified to be IMH members.
8-2 University students' membership: University students throughout Isfahan who are interested in research activities in different fields of mathematics and development of information technology and communication are qualified to be IMH members.
8-3 Voluntary membership: Individuals who are interested in mathematical sciences and history of mathematics and teachers are qualified to be IMH members after being approved by the ESC.
8-4 honorary membership: scientific figures from inside and outside the country who contribute to the IMH scientifically or financially may join IMH as honorary members after being approved by the ESC.
8-5 institutional membership: institutions that have scientific and research activities related to mathematical sciences and history of mathematics or else support the IMH are eligible to join the IMH.
Each member shall pay an annual due to the IMH as determined by the ESC.
Note 1: The members have no right to claim the membership fees they have paid.
Note 2: Honary members are excluded from paying fees.
The organs of the IMH are:
I- Founding Board (FB)
II- Board of Trustees (BT)
III- Executive and Scientific Committee (ESC)
10-1 The duty of the Founding Board, consisting of the following members, is the selection of the BT and the ESC members:
1- Yahya Tabesh
2- Ali Rejali
3- Hoseinali Movahedi
4- Ali Hamedani
10-2 The BT is consisting of the following members
- The Mayor of Isfahan who acts as the director of the BT.
- The representative of the governor of Isfahan province.
- The director of Isfahan Education Department
- The director of Isfahan Management and Programming Organization
- Managing director of the Isfahan Communication Department
- Secretary of Isfahan Mathematics Teachers Society
- One representative appointed by Isfahan University of Technology, Department of Mathematical sciences
- One representative appointed by the University of Isfahan, Mathematics Department
- Seven mathematics figures such as mathematics teachers or faculty members of the universities of Iran as chosen by the BT or the FB in its first term
10-3 Authority and responsibilities of the BT are as follows:
- Setting and approving the general strategies of the IMH as well as considerations thereon
- Approving the IMH budget and submitting corresponding documents to the Municipality of Isfahan and Management and Programming Organization in order to be included in the total budget of the municipality and the province or any other proper authority if needed.
- Studying and approving the balance sheet and annual program
- Studying and approving administrative, financial and organizational as well as interior by-laws and guidelines and principals according to this Constitution.
- Selecting a treasurer and an auditor according to the IMH regulations.
- Selecting the Executive Committee members and affirming the election of the IMH director.
- Revising and modifications in this constitution
10-4 By the call of the director, The Board of Trustees holds meetings twice a year, one in June to approve the balance sheet and the IMH budget amendments and the other in February to approve the programs and the budgets of the following year. In the case of not requesting a meeting by the BT, the ESC will take appropriate measures in this regard, within 10 days.
Note: Other meetings of the BT shall be held by the request of at least 4 members of the BT or the auditor.
10-5 The members of the ESC are:
- The Secretary of Isfahan Mathematics Teachers Society
- Six individuals among mathematics teachers and university faculty members as appointed by the BT
- The director of the IMH, who is the chair of the ESC (after being appointed to this position)
- The Treasurer
10-6 The members of the ESC are elected for a period of two years and may be reelected for a second term
10-8 The meetings of the ESC are held once a month by the call of the director of the IMH
10-9 The meetings of the ESC are held with the presence of all its members and by-laws are approved by a majority of votes
10-10 If a member of the ESC does not attend the meetings three times without permission or if three consecutive times with permission, he or she shall be automatically dismissed. The replacements are made by the BT
10-11 the ESC has complete authority over the scientific and financial affairs of the IMH within the framework of this constitution and the BT by-laws according to the IMH goals
10-12 the duties of the ESC are such cases as:
- planning for scientific affairs, its development and qualitative promotion
- planning for activities of different sections of the IMH
- examining annual budget of the IMH, presented by the director before submitting to the BT for approval
- examining the balance sheet and annual financial affairs and recommending suggestions to the BT thereon
- providing the financial By-Laws of the IMH and submitting to the BT as well as supervision thereon
- forming the organizational chart
- administrating and protecting the IMH properties and assets
- Supervision over performance of the director
- determining the amount of salaries of the IMH employees and colleagues and the ways of utilizing the IMH income
- selecting the IMH director and the auditor and specifying their duties for presenting to the BT
- specifying the amount of salaries of the director, the auditor and the treasurer and the meetings dues of the members
10-13 the director should have at least a degree of bachelor in mathematical sciences, well-known to the mathematics community. He is appointed by the ESC and approved by the BT
10-14 Authority and responsibilities of the director of the IMH
- administrating the affairs of the IMH and implementing the ESC resolutions according to the By-laws
- utilizing the employees effectively and paying their salaries according to the By-Laws
- representing the IMH for discussions on issues related to the IMH affairs
- signing contacts with official bodies according to the ESC by-laws
- creating relationship with corresponding societies and associations
- formulating necessary decisions for budget planning and administrative by-laws for discussion in ESC and BT meetings
- appointing and dismissing the staff and granting leave permission and promotion according to the ESC by-laws and within the framework of the regulations
- signing all financial papers and documents of the IMH
10-15 the ESC may appoint directors for different sections.
10-16 the treasurer: the treasurer appointed by the ESC for a period of 2 years, is responsible to control the financial matters of the IMH and implementing financial resolutions adopted by the ESC. He or she may be reelected for a second term.
10-17 the duties of the treasurer:
- Supervising the budget management
- controlling the balance sheet and functions made each year for submitting to the auditor
- controlling the implementation of the by-laws
- controlling the performance of financial regulations according to the Constitution
- controlling the expenditure
- controlling the contracts
10-18 the auditor: The BT selects a deputy for a period of one year as auditor. The auditor may be reappointed. In the first period of its election, the FB is responsible to appoint the auditor.
10-19 the duties of the auditor: the auditor is in charge of controlling the accordance of the administration of the IMH and this constitution and By-laws as well as submitting reports on financial affairs to the BT and the ESC.
The expenditure and possible gifts are registered and reported to the BT after being approved.
All the accounts of the IMH are preserved in Banks as the assets of the IMH.
All relevant documents on financial and non-financial affairs regarding the IMH activities are preserved in the IMH office and shall be presented to related authorities if needed.
In the event of the IMH being dissolved by the BT, the BT shall appoint a committee to discharge the IMH of all its debts. The committee is subject to transfer all the IMH properties and assets to Isfahan Mathematics Teachers Society (IMTS) in Isfahan.
Regarding matters not discussed in this Constitution, the Trade By-Laws are applied.
This Constitution is formulated in four chapters, sixteen articles and three notes.